Perfect Loss

I was reading Rabindranath Tagore's novel "The Home and The World", in which I read a line that captured my thoughts for quite sometime:
"Perfect gain is the best of all; but if it is impossible to achieve, then perfect loss is the next best thing."


I have seen life in the brightest lights
I have been through many wakeful nights
I have traveled across here and there
Like the aimless wind that blows everywhere
I have known what one's feeling is
To discover the world of Atlantis
And just when I was about to call
My friends I lost, I began to fall
To steepest valleys, darkest woods
Into the arms of the devil that broods
About love and lust and lovely death
And how it feels when one stops to breath.
I have known as many before me did
That perfect gain always is splendid
But when things go wrong and vile and gross
I seek, the next which is best, the perfect loss.

-Siddartha Pamulaparty
January 11, 2007

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas