Ajamila

My mind is as sinuous as a python coiled on a tree
I did forsake my virtues and set my evil ego free
My heart is full of wickedness and infinite desires
Seeking which I insulted the holy sacrificial fires
My trembling body is smeared with poison all over it
I lost all my bearings,and am enslaved by my cruel wit
My scorching eyes are devoid of moisture and mirth
I malignated and perverted my decent noble birth
My burning belly is ever hungry for more lustful crimes
I think I have over-lived my mortal age by many times

And even when the obedient angels of death have come
To take me with them to the Hell, maybe my true home
In all of my selfishness I called on my son's name
Which by a sheer chance or some kind of Divine Game
Happened to be same as one of the thousand names of Him
The slayer of my dirty sin and destroyer of my whim
In the event of my present mortal moment, dear my Lord
Just bespeaking the most significant and august word
I have been forgiven of my most crooked deeds of lust
I have been chosen by the One to whom offer my life I must.


Siddartha Pamulaparty
January 16, 2007.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas