Lost Letters - II

To: Education@Walden.Org, 09 July, 2004.
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am an ardent admirer of Thoreau and am an avid reader of his influential essays. I cannot tell in words the kind of motivation I derive from studying Thoreau. I have a few collections of Thoreau's essays, including Walden, Civil Disobedience and Life Without Principle.
I seem to have natural ideas similar to what Thoreau seemed to elucidate in his writings. I am to admit that he is the most influential factor in my life.
I would like to do a comprehensive study on life, thoughts, philosophy and literary contributions by Thoreau.
So, I write to you to know of any way of getting this done. I know of the fact that to undestand Thoreau, the best way is to read his own works.
I am reading Thoreau, but I consider that I have only limited access to his profound collection of thoughts.
Kindly advice me, how to begin a comprehensive study of Thoreau as a philosopher rather than a naturalist. My primary interest in Thoreau is of his philosophical musings.

Thanking You In Anticipation,
Pamulaparty Siddartha
Warangal-506002
A.P., India.

Email:Siddhu_pamu@yahoo.com

Comments

Just said…
I am jealous Sidhharth :) I wish u the best

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas