Laugh, laugh and laugh

That burning of the red hot fire
Could it ever equal that of my desire?
Those innumerous waves at the ocean front
Are they more endless than my trains of thought?
The nocturnal noises of the beasts in dark wilderness
Are they more defeaning than my silence?
The sweetest melodies of the singing larks
Are they any match to my bitter inner voice?
The perennial streams of the mighty rivers
What would they be compared to my tears?

I laugh to myself, at my own stand
The foolishness I could not understand!
Who cares to listen to these futile words?
Who has time to console my feelings?
Ha Ha Ha Ha, I laugh aloud again
Who can stop me from enjoying my great pains?

(I know not one would sing my songs
As they are as insignificant as myself.)

-Siddartha Pamulaparty
Dt: Feb 17, 2007.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas