Chicago Streets

As I walk past the Michigan Avenue
I still can't stop thinking of you
Here and there a pretty face I see
But I know that thing is not for me
I hear some Blues when I cross the road
A different tune, while I am feeling bored
When I start to believe there's so much to explore here
A breaking voice inside me begins to interfere:

Chicago streets, I sing while I walk, girl
Chicago streets, where my eyes search for you........................

The great sky-scrapers touching the Heavens
The busy folks talking into their cell phones
The lady staring me past the glass door of the Fish Bar
Amidst the stranded traffic, the loud honking of the car.....
When I start to believe there's so much to excite me
A cracking sound croons like the waves in a sea:

Chicago streets, I sing while I walk, girl
Chicago streets, where my eyes search for you........................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas