To Bhaarath.. On 61st year of Independence





I wake up from my deep slumber
With your memories in my dreams;
I bathe myself in the holy Ganga
Where it flows through your heart.
I saunter through dark wilderness,
Carrying the torch of your wisdom;
I sing to the World nay, to Universe
Of your great pride and fortitude!
I speak the noble, humble tongue
That from your womb was begot
I pass my life through days and nights
And seasons from Winter through Fall-
Every moment, inside my heart,
It is your name that I always call;
Like the peaks of Himalayas that stand
High on the ground and touch the sky,
With overwhelming and boundless joy
For your mighty grand honor, I cry:
Mother Nation, Bhaarath, to you today
To millions of my brothers too
With all my love I proudly say
Happy Independence to you!
Happy Independence to you!!

Jai Hind! Vande Mataram!!


-Siddartha Pamulaparty

August 15th, 2008

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas