First Few Days...

Finally, today, I got the kind of time I wanted to seriously spend on writing a post here. In the past few weeks, life made a U-turn. I deliberately traveled back to India to do some things in my mind and even before I was half-way thru, I was compelled to travel back to the States in mid-February. And leaving from the airport, with all my cousins, aunts, and parents seeing-me off, it was a crazy feeling. I was feeling like shit, why the hell do I have to agree to go to the US? Momentarily it may appear to be a valid thought, that I could have made a choice, by being blatantly adamant about staying back in the home land. However, looking at the circumstances, perhaps I did not have much choice and that this was for good.

And when I started speaking to friends once I landed here, every one asked me just one question: "How did you come to US, while everyone is heading back to India?" Obviously because of the recession and its effect on the employment. Well, then, I believe the reason I am here is also because of the economic recession and one of its different consequences: the cost-cutting achieved on out-sourcing.

My first weekend here, I went to the Circuit City, the experience was horrifying. This I already wrote in my previous post, because I could not resist not writing it.

Anyways, 2 weeks later we moved from a town called Randolph to another, Norwood. The apartment is a single-bed, and currently there are 4 of us for a few weeks. Later on, I am expecting 3 will leave and an another colleague will join in. So that'll equal the equation.

By the way, I forgot to mention, I started to hate the Boston area, as my old US home in Chicago area was much more decent. I mean the town, the roads, the facilities and the ease of living. Here, I am scared about one thing: "Parallel Parking", which I have never done before, and never had a reason to do while in the Illinois town of Schaumburg. And the interstate traffic, as I was told by some locals, sucks during the rush-hour.

One good thing though is that the apartment I stay in, has its own T-station. If I catch a train, right at my home, I will reach Boston South Station in 40 mins. And, as I was told, if I catch a bus to New York from South Station, will be in the Big Apple in 4 hours. Isn't that pseud?

Well now, I got a place to stay, got a phone in the first 2 weeks, that leaves me with buying a car as the only thing left to be able to lead the regular American living, rather, an Indian (east) living tailored to American system!! :-)

Work place is around 10 miles and I still need to get used to the route. I figured, the only way I will remember is once I start driving again.

Hope there would be more leisure time this time around to contemplate and suffer, and then turn into a post here in my good ole blogspace.

-Siddartha Pamulaparty

02-Mar-2009

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas