The Lost Photograph

That evening was no ordinary
For you were sitting by my side
Close to each other, were you and me
Yet I was still trying to hide
The hunger of a burning fire
To open secrets of my little heart
At your feet and then with heed start
To let it out: this strong desire
In the form of words I often spoke;
You heard those before in the past
You knew that memories wouldn't last
If this silence was never broke
With a whisper or better a gesture
Like exchanging notes with our eyes
And understand, what's true, what's lies;
"Could we have, of us, taken a picture?"
It was you, who asked to my surprise
Interrupting my struggle all this while
To ask you the same, and then smile
For I was sure that I will win my prize.
Friends and cameras did their work
And trapped us for eternity
Or so I thought,I could not see
That somethings die just in the dark.
The photograph was lost in space
There was no chance since we parted ways
But I swear, that best were those days
When I used to see your lovely face
Now I brood in my loneliness
For there is not a single day
That your image was erased away
From my thoughts that swell in grace.
I regret that I could not hold
I could not forgive my weak strength
In that whole time of four months length
To kiss your lips, I was never bold.


-Siddartha Pamulaparty
Dt: 07 July 2007

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas