[i] pourquoi amour maux [/i]

If she's alone, let her know I am waiting
For, ever since we had parted, I never slept
As I was afraid that I will forget
The sweet dreams I saw of her for the last time.
My eyes have swelled into oceans of tears
The pieces of my broken heart are still beating
And every sound made by the blowing wind
Reminds me of melodies of her unheard songs.
The smile that she had, perhaps was the culprit
That transformed myself into a lover
I remember still those first words that I wrote
And kept writing the same forever and ever.

If she's alone and there is no other
To shower her with the flowers of love
To hold her warmly and shield her from cold
To weep and wash the dust from her feet-
Let me be the one, first to know
Since she shall no more deny the Truth
That my admiration is acknowledged
That my feelings have a nobler meaning.
Not all memories are just as sweet
Not all journies with their destinies meet
She knows as well as I understand
That things too precious can never be held
Nor can they be let go and lost.

If she's alone, pray, sing to her
Those words I kept humming to myself
Like the shy devotee, standing at the altar
Of the temple of love, praising the Goddess.
Times have never been the same always
Nor seasons, nature nor nights nor days
But there are things that never change:
As the Sun rises always on the east
As the thunder- clouds will cause the rains
So also my sufferings of the pains
Shall endure all the false pleasures.
My love for her shall never cease to be
Since she is still the most beautiful to me.

-Siddartha Pamulaparty
July 14-16, 2007

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas