Poe's Puzzle

I had read about Poe earlier that he used to write many things in puzzles. He was a great cryptographer I think. I stumbled across one of his "puzzling" poem. And based on the same puzzle, I wrote my own poem. Of course I could not reproduce the genius of Poe here.
Here is the original link of Poe's "The Valentine". http://www.eapoe.org/works/poems/valentnd.htm

And here is mine.

So thought I that we will be together;
Have done I what pray ask me not
Captive in golden cage of your love
I can not tell now what went further
(Even against my own self I fought).

I felt vulnerable like the petals of a rose:
Did not again, I tell you oh dear one
That forsaken I, my own pride for you?
Did I not say while we walked on the road,
Strange language I spoke about love (was it sweet to hear?)
As your eyes twinkled like the Sirius in the sky that night.

May be I could perhaps dream of you forever

Thus reasoned aptly I, when we had parted.
Yet each time I, enamored with your memories,
Sing this tunes idolizing your very being.
And if you think this song, is without any rhymes
In this puzzle, I bet that you can instead, find all your names.




Siddartha Pamulaparty
Dec 21 2006.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas