A Sonnet to the Sai Baba of Shirdi

With a greying beard upon Thy chin
And a Holy cloth covering Thy brow
Thou smile at me, when all my senses go;
When my heart is weak and my skin is thin;
Thou give me enduring strength against pain,
Thou hold me up when I am feeling down-
And when in my selfish desires I drown,
And my own sins pour down as drops of rain
Thou show me way to Thine Holy Kingdom
Where Thy sweet children live in love and peace.
Let me bow down my head and bend my knees
And pray to Thee to take me to Thou home
O! The Holy Saint of the Shirdi town
Let exalted be forever Thy crown!

P.Siddartha
Dt: 29/08/05

Comments

Bhale Budugu said…
nice poem. I like it

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas