Inspiration

Rains were pouring and the streets were drowning
Birds were singing while the wind was dancing ,
Stars in the sky began shining in the day,
This was all when I first saw an angel all the way.
Her skin snow-white, she had a jasmine chin,
She looked like a prize that I needed to win;
Her rose-like lips and her tempting look,
Made me wonder if she was a Keats' book.
I was in ecstacy when I first heard her,
As she moved her tongue her tone was sharp;
Her teeth were shining diamonds all white,
Her voice was the melody of a musical harp.
The pits in which I fell were her cheeks' dimples,
The river in which I sank was her silky-dark hair;
Her eyes in the dark glowed like blue sapphires,
If poetry was my breath then she would be the air.

P.Siddartha
10 August, 2000.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

పోతన భాగవత మకరందాలు

Gajendra Moksham - Part-2

Rani Rudrama Devi--the great Warrior-Ruler of the Kakatiyas